Home » About Us
University Web Communications sets the overall web presence and strategy for the University.
We are part of University News and Communications in the Division of Public Affairs and oversee the Vanderbilt homepage and primary web presences of vanderbilt.edu.
In addition, we are responsible for:
- Web Development: We serve as a resource, strategic planner and consultant for Web development in the university community. (View client list) We build websites and web applications; perform research and analysis of all our web traffic data; and constantly explore new and changing Web-related technologies.
- Web Content Management: We provide maintenance and development of the 1st and 2nd tiers of www.vanderbilt.edu, as well as provide recommendations on lower-level sites – including serving as the design and technical resource for University-supported Content Management Systems.
- Web Look and Feel: We oversee and provide guidance for all departments and individuals with www.vanderbilt.edu websites, promoting an appropriate and coordinated university presence on the Internet. We maintain and disseminate university Web standards.
- Social Media: With the Office of Integrated Communications, we oversee the university’s primary social media presence and provide guidance, strategy. content, analytics and training for departments, offices and programs wishing to use social media. Read our handbook or see a list of official Vanderbilt social media accounts.
- Communication and Outreach: We provide training outreach opportunities and implement communication strategies, for our two university-supported content management systems, within the university community in an ongoing effort to maintain a leading presence on the Internet.