University Web Communications sets the overall web presence and strategy for the University. We are a part of the Division of Public Affairs and oversee the Vanderbilt homepage and primary web presences of vanderbilt.edu.
In addition, we are responsible for:
- Web Development: We serve as a resource, strategic planner and consultant for Web development in the university community. (View client list) We build websites and web applications; perform research and analysis of all our web traffic data; and constantly explore new and changing Web-related technologies.
- Web Content Management: We provide maintenance and development of the 1st and 2nd tiers of www.vanderbilt.edu, as well as provide recommendations on lower-level sites – including serving as the technical resource for University-supported Content Management Systems.
- Web Look and Feel: We oversee and provide guidance for all departments and individuals with www.vanderbilt.edu websites, promoting an appropriate and coordinated university presence on the Internet. We maintain and disseminate university Web standards.
- Social Media: With the Office of Integrated Communications, we oversee the university’s primary social media presences on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, FourSquare, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+, and provide guidance and training for departments, offices and programs wishing to use social media. Read our handbook.
- Communication and Outreach: We provide training outreach opportunities and implement communication strategies within the university community in an ongoing effort to maintain a leading presence on the Internet.
- Current clients: Need help with your site? Visit our Help Desk »
- New clients: Would you like to start working with us? Fill out our Project Request Form »
- VUMC departments: Please contact the VUMC Web Development Office
- Want to create your own website? Explore my.vanderbilt.edu
- Coming to visit? View Map and directions to our offices »
Director of Web Communications, Integrated Communications @lacytite
Director of Content Strategy & Project Management, Integrated Communications @foxbeth
Although University Web Communications is available to assist University entities in designing their Web pages, many offices and departments undertake their own projects or use the services of an outside contractor. It is important to communicate the university's Web style guide to all individuals involved in website design and maintenance. Contact our office for the latest Web style guidelines to give to any outside contractors.