This tutorial will take you through the steps needed to upload files to your website.
Note: uploaded documents and images are on the PRODUCTION server. They will not display on the Staging server. If you upload files and don’t see them in the directory, check to make sure you are on the right server.
1) To upload files in Omni, first we need to log in by clicking on the copyright symbol
2) Click on Content at the top to get to the server view.
3) In server view, navigate to the directory where you want to upload your files. We recommend adding picture files to an “images” directory and document files (Word docs, PDFs, Excel spreadsheets, ect) to a “files” directory. This is a matter of personal preference; however, it will make it much easier to find files later if you have a dedicated folder for types of content.
If you don’t have an images or files directory, see the directory creation tutorial to create one.
4) We are going to upload to the “images” folder. Once in that folder click on the upload button.
5) You are then presented with a dialog box.
a) Select standard if you just want to upload and not edit your images
b) You can overwrite existing files if you wish.
c) Files may be added by dragging and dropping from the desktop, or you can manually navigate and select files by clicking on the add files button.
6) Once files are selected, you’ll have the option to rename your files by clicking on the rename button.
a) After you’ve selected your files, click start upload.
b) You’ll see a notice saying “in progress” while the file uploads. Once uploaded, the dialog box will close.
7) Once your file is uploaded, you’ll see it listed in your directory. If you hover over the file, you will see option buttons appear to view your file in another window.
8) Note that uploaded documents and images are on the PRODUCTION server. They will not display on the Staging server. If you upload files and don’t see them in the directory, check to make sure you are on the right server.
9) Final note: please be patient! It sometimes takes a minute for your files to display on the server after uploading.