Creating a Directory
Step by Step Tutorial
Large websites can have an overwhelming number of files if everything is kept in one folder. If you have a large website, consider creating new directories (folders) to organize your content. For example, you could have directories for each section of your site: About Us, Projects, News & Events. etc.
This tutorial will show you how to create a new directory for your Omni site.
1. Navigate to any page of your Omni website.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the copyright symbol.
3. Log in with your Omni user name and password.
4. Click on the Pages link in the gray navigation bar at the top.
5. Navigate to the folder where you want to create your new directory. Note the location area which is outlined in red.
6. After you’ve navigated to the folder where you want your directory to appear, click on the new button.
7. Then click on the New Directory button.
8. Type the name of the directory in the Title field. Then click Create.
9. It may take several seconds for Omni to load the new folder. Be patient!
A progress message will display at the bottom letting you know that the page is being created.
10. Once created, click on the folder link to enter that directory. In this case, I’ve created a directory for books. Note the Location area. We are in a folder called “reading-materials” and “books” was created within that directory.
11. Within your new directory, a _breadcrumb.xml file and foldernav.inc file are added automatically. You don’t need to do anything with these files if you are just creating a folder. These files will be used by the new web pages you add to this directory.
You’re now ready to edit the breadcrumb and add new pages to your new folder. To view those tutorial check out our tutorials page.