Create a Page with Save As
Step by Step Directions
The easiest way to create a new page in Omni is by using the Save As command. Here’s how to do it:
1. In your browser, navigate to a page in your Omni site that has a layout that you’d like to use for your new page. For example, if you wanted to create a new Omni page with a 2-column layout, you’d choose an existing page with a 2-column layout.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the copyright symbol. Log into Omni with your user name and password (if you’re not already logged in).
Log in with your Omni user name and password.
3. Click on the green Edit button for the main content area of your page.
4. Then click on the Save As icon in the toolbar.
5. Next you’ll see the Save As dialog box. Omni will automatically have entered the folder location for your new file, using the same location as the file you chose to do the Save As command. You need to enter in a file name for the new file. You can use letters a-z, A-Z, and numbers 0-9. You can also use hyphens and underscore characters. You are not allowed to use spaces or weird characters like +#@$% in your file name. End your file name with the extension of .pcf. The file extension of .pcf is an Omni file extension (Publish Control File). When you publish your file to Vanderbilt’s server, the file extension will be changed automatically to .php. Then click on the Save As button.
6. It may take a few seconds, but your new page will appear. You’ll notice that this new page has the same title and text as the page that you did the Save As command with. Click on the Properties button to change the page title.
7. Next you’ll get the Properties input screen which is within Parameters. Put your new page title in the Title field. Then scroll to the bottom of the Properties dialog box, to the Meta Tags section, and update the text in the Description and Keywords fields (the search engine uses this information to return search results). You can leave all the other settings in the Properties dialog box the same.
Then click on the Save button.
8. Next you’ll see your new page, with the new title heading on the page. Click the Edit button at the top and then click on the region’s green edit button for the area you want to edit.
9. Make your changes to that region and click on the Save button. You can keep editing the page to update other regions of the page. When you’ve made all your changes, click on the Save button and, if you’re ready, Publish the page so it’s live for the world to see.
10. To Publish, click on the Publish button and then click Publish again at the prompt.
11. When publishing is complete, you will see a message at the bottom. Click on View in new Window to see your update web page.