Chapter 3 – Page Creation Options
There are a few different ways to create a page to Omni. To start you’ll need to log in and view your pages:
- Logging In
To log in, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the © copyright symbol in the footer.
- View Your Pages
Click on the Content button at the top to see your directories and pages.
There are several ways to create a page in Omni
- New Page
- Content – Pages, then click on the +New button and select “New Page”. You might also see it listed as “newpage.tcf”.
- In the new page dialog box you are in the Page Parameters.
- Page Parameter settings used in the video:
- Title: Enter your title
- Page Type: Two Columns
- Use Full Footer: Yes
- Add Social Sharing Icons: Yes
- File name: Your file names can only contain letters, numbers, dashes and underscores. Spaces are not allowed.
- Click create once you’ve entered all your page information
- You’ll see a stand-by prompt at the bottom of the page and then a preview of your page. From here you could edit your page by clicking on the green edit button.
- Copy a Page
- From the server view (Content – Pages), click the checkbox by the page name and then select Copy at the top or by hovering over the file row and selecting copy from the File dropdown in the row.
- In the dialog box that appears, navigate to the folder where you want the file copied. Navigation is done by clicking on the folders in the window and by clicking on the breadcrumb links (e.g., website name > folder > subfolder).
- Click copy.
- The copy of your page will have a dash and number to differentiate it from the original. (e.g., about-1.pcf where about.pcf is the original file)
- Changing Parameters
- Once you’ve copied your page, you can change the layout and other features by going into the Page Parameters.
- To access the parameters, hover over the file row and click on Properties under “Edit”. You’ll need to be on the parameters tab to edit your features.The page must be checked out to you in order to see the Page Parameters.
- Once you’ve made your changes, click save at the bottom.
- Change the file name
- Hover over the file row, then go to File > Rename. Your file names can only contain letters, numbers, dashes and underscores. Spaces are not allowed.
- Create a copy via “save as”
- Log into Omni
- Click on the green edit button to edit your page
- Click the “save as” button .
- Enter your new filename and click save as.
- In the breadcrumb at the top (the row underneath the OU Campus logo) you should see your new page name listed.
(e.g., Content > Pages > /contact/about-1.pcf)
Notes About Editing
- On the server view (ie Content – Pages), you’ll find two tabs: Staging and Production. Editing is done on the Staging server and then those files are pushed to the Production server when published.
- .PCF – While you are editing your pages will have an extension of .PCF. When you are editing your pages you are on the Staging server. Your changes won’t be viewable to the world until you publish your pages.
- .PHP – Your published pages will have an extension of .PHP. These files live on the Production server and they are publicly viewable unless your website has addition security added.
About this written documentation
These tutorials are meant as a companion guide to the OmniUpdate 101 training tutorials which are available in the Learning Exchange. They have been provided as a reference to remind you where features are located or which steps are needed to perform a task.
To sign up for the Learning Exchange tutorials, log into the Learning Exchange and search for