Chapter 10 – Create a Directory (folder)
To create a directory aka a folder, we will need to first log in and then go to the server view.
- Logging In
To log in, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the © copyright symbol in the footer.
- Server View
Click on the Content button at the top to get to the server view.
Creating the directory
- Navigate to the folder where you want to create your new directory.
- Click the green +New button
- Click new directory in the dialog box that appears
- Enter a name for your directory. Use lowercase letters
- Click create
- Click on your folder you just created
- By default, two files are created when you make a new directory: _breadcrumb.xml and foldernav.inc. These files will be used by the web pages you will create for this folder.
Create a Page
- When you create a new folder you will need to create a new page.
- Click +New button and select new page. See Chapter 3 for page set up instructions. Chapter 4 goes over Page Properties which will control which features go on a page.
How to delete a folder
- First, verify there’s nothing in the folder you want to keep
- Click the checkbox beside the folder name
- Click delete at the top
- In the dialog box that appears, type the word delete. This is an extra safety measure so you don’t accidentally delete a folder.
- Click delete
About this written documentation
These tutorials are meant as a companion guide to the OmniUpdate 101 training tutorials which are available in the Learning Exchange. They have been provided as a reference to remind you where features are located or which steps are needed to perform a task.
To sign up for the Learning Exchange tutorials, log into the Learning Exchange and search for