Social media handbook released
A new handbook for university faculty and staff wishing to use social media tools such as Facebook or Twitter to promote their program, research or department is now available.
The handbook is available online.
The handbook, produced by the Office of University Web Communications in the Division of Public Affairs, includes:
- An overview of how Vanderbilt is using social media
- Important university policies social media users must follow and guidance on creating icons
- How to get started
- Best practices for a successful social media presence
- Contacts and resources
- How to develop a social media strategy
- How to set up Facebook, Twitter and Flickr pages
- Guidance on participating in Wikipedia
University Web Communications staff are available for consultation on all social media matters.