Peabody launches new site powered by Omni
Earlier this year, we began working with Peabody on migrating their large web presence into OmniUpdate. They were with another vendor, and had been unhappy with the features and ease of use for quite a while. Omni was a perfect solution for them — providing easy to use content management tools and built-in workflow allowing them to share responsibilities for maintaining their website.
A few highlights:
- The news section of the site is powered by Vanderbilt News. Any stories tagged for Peabody are pulled via the RSS feed into sidebars.
- Peabody began using the University Calendar to power upcoming event listings displayed in the sidebars on most pages.
- Makeovers of their department pages (e.g Human and Organizational Development, Leadership, Policy and Organizations, Psychology and Human Development, Special Education and Teaching and Learning)
- A shiny new people directory, easily editable by the Peabody web team.
- Search is now powered by our Google Search Appliance.
It was a pleasure to work with everyone on the Peabody team. Jeff Kirkwood, Brent Meredith, Anna Dulmes. Truly! Honestly — you guys rock and made our jobs a lot easier with your amazing organization and hard work.